Why use a professional Property Management company like MajorDomo to market your luxury holiday home
24 August 2019
Why you should use a professional Property Management company like MajorDomo to market your luxury holiday home
The team at MajorDomo has years of experience in bringing luxury private holiday homes to market, and our knowledge allows us to list across multiple sales channels and maximise the reach of each home. There are a number of different channels that we target to help drive the right type of bookings for your luxury home, including traditional sales channels and modern online sales channels.
Whilst we love direct bookings, and offer a live booking calendar on our website for guests to book directly on majordomo.co.nz, we take great pride in our third-party partnerships and see them as an integral part of any marketing strategy for a luxury holiday home, or private villa rental.
The MajorDomo Team are NZ luxury accommodation experts and as such, we understand that many of our clients are often short of time in their busy lives, and rely on the services of their trusted travel agent to suggest and book each holiday on their behalf. We work hard to develop and maintain relationships with our valued partner agents and destination management companies, which gives us privileged access to quality guests who chose this very traditional booking method. Each year we travel internationally to maintain a presence in the luxury travel industry and represent each of our houses within this sphere.
Online Travel Agents
Whilst we work hard to maintain relationships with valued agents and destination management companies, we also work very closely with online travel agents, as more and more independent users seek unique luxury accommodation online that they can book for themselves and receive instant confirmation.
The likes of Airbnb, Luxury Retreats, VRBO, Bookabach, HomeAway, Booking.com, Expedia, and Agoda are all global brands, recognised across the world, and we work in collaboration with these global brands to ensure each of our properties is exposed to the right type of market on an international scale.
When you choose MajorDomo to manage the marketing of your vacation rental, we use our expertise to select the most appropriate platforms to list your home on, so your home may not feature on every partner website, but it will feature on the ones that we think are well suited to your listing. We also manage the intricate connectivity between each of the websites to ensure live availability and rates are available across multiple different listings at the same time and ensure there are no double bookings or bookings made with incorrect rates.
There are many benefits to using a professional property management company like MajorDomo to manage your reservations, particularly when working with online travel agents, where there are limited opportunities to verify your guest prior to arrival.
- We can offer security and reassurance for you when sharing your home. We ensure secure booking terms and conditions are signed by every guest, personally meet on-site every arrival to ensure that we know exactly who is staying in your house, and also to process and hold a security bond in case of any guest damage.
- We offer a local and professional point of contact to deal with all guest queries, questions, complaints, and correspondence – this can be both time-consuming and demanding to manage alone.
- We manage the technical connections to link each online listing to live availability and rates where possible.
- We monitor and manage each online listing to ensure optimum ranking in search fields which results in increased exposure – it is not as simple as adding a property onto a home share website and hoping for the best – listings require attention and action to ensure that they don’t slip through the ranks
- Your home will benefit from the company profile – if your property is new to the short-term holiday home rental market, working with a professional company can give the profile of the home a bit of a boost. MajorDomo qualifies and assesses each home to ensure it deserves our ‘seal of approval’, and as luxury accommodation experts, our assessment is well respected within the industry, and can open up doors to exclusive sales channels.
We are always delighted to chat to prospective new homeowners and discuss options for marketing your investment property or personal holiday home, and prepare a custom proposal. If you are interested in having a chat to our savvy team of specialists, you can reach us on +64 3 442 0502 or [email protected].